- November 2016 - Present:
Research Scientist at Google in London, UK.
- August 2008 - November 2016:
Researcher at Microsoft in Cambridge, UK.
I completed my PhD in Computer Science at Cornell University (2008). I was an undergraduate student at the Australian National University, and spent a year at the Pennsylvania State University.
Recent Notable Achievements
- Best Paper, WSDM 2013 for F. Radlinski and N. Craswell, Optimized Interleaving for Online Retrieval Evaluation.
- Shortlisted for best paper at WSDM 2011 for N. Matthijs and F Radlinski, Personalizing web search using long term browsing history.
- ACM Notable Computing Books and Articles of 2012 for O. Chapelle, T. Joachims, F. Radlinski and Y. Yue, Large Scale Validation and Analysis of Interleaved Search Evaluation, ACM TOIS, 2012.
- Shortlisted for best paper at SIGIR 2010 for F. Radlinski and N. Craswell, Comparing the Sensitivity of Information Retrieval Metrics.
- Best Student Paper Award, KDD 2005 for F. Radlinski and T. Joachims, Query Chains: Learning to Rank from Implicit Feedback.
- I was a Fulbright scholar from Australia.